Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I'm new to the Nikon 8008S

sluggomagoo

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sluggomagoo Registered since 18th Oct 2010
Mon 18-Oct-10 11:30 AM

Hi, I've owned a Canon A-1 since 1984. I love the photos it shoots. It's a manual focus camera with two modes of automatic and program. I have several lenses ranging from 17mm to 200mm. I use them all.

I'm not ready to shell out the cash yet for a quality DSLR camera so instead I finally decided to get a auto focus camera and start giving my 54 year old eyes a break. I know I'm way behind the times with this technology and worse I'm an IT professional so one would think I'd be into anything digital. Nope, I love the old film SLR cameras! They take great photos.

I remember the reviews for the Nikon 8008S back when it came out in the late 80's and how I wanted one but, due to other issues I was never able too. Well, today I purchased my first 8008S camera body. I'm now searching for a couple of good lens for it. I know next to nothing about Nikon. I did some reading this afternoon and I'm finding out there's some do's and don't regarding lenses for this camera. As far as I can tell, to take full advantage of the 8008S auto focus and automatic exposure modes, I should be looking for a Nikon AF, AF-D, AF-I, or a AF-S. I know that the camera doesn't measure distance so with that being said, are there other issues I would encounter with AF-D, AF-I, or a AF-S lens attached to the 8008S besides no distance information through the lens for TTL flash?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I'm new to the Nikon 8008S

G