Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any reason to shoot film as well as digital???

Stradibarrius

Monroe, US
1429 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Stradibarrius Registered since 17th Mar 2007
Mon 29-Dec-08 02:09 PM

I posted another thread asking about film bodies but I guess the real question is there any good reason to shoot film? Is the quality of the developed image any better?

I am a D80 owner and will probably get a D300 in the next year or so. I am reasonably proficient with Photoshop, but for some reason I have recently acquired the film strain of NAS!!!

I have found several F100 and F4 bodies for $200 - $250 so it is not a major investment. Will find that there is something about film that is more appealing than digital?

I once posted a thread asking if I was making a big mistake because I never seem to use any of the automatic modes with my D80. I always shoot manual.

www.barrydudley.com

"Generalizations are made because they are Generally true"

visit my gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any reason to shoot film as well as digital???

G