Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Terry Beeson

Nixa, US
130 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Terry Beeson Registered since 01st Dec 2008
Tue 02-Dec-08 12:23 AM

I'm new to SLR photography but have taken pictures most of my life. I want to learn a lot about taking better pictures and have started to toy with my little P&S digital with some good results, but wanted MORE control over what I could do... Sooooo

I recently purchased a nice N8008 in eBay for $15 plus shipping and just got the first two rolls developed. All I can say is this looks to be one very nice camera for the price!!!! The shots taken in the Pd mode were fantastic! And the few shots I tried to take at night were pretty doggone good for someone who doesn't know a lot about f-stops and shutter speeds. It came with a 28-70mm lens and I can see no flaws whatsoever. Only a couple of dust spots on the viewfinder that I thought might be on the mirror. My local camera shop told me to bring it in and they would give it a look-see and clean the viewfinder for free and check everything out.

I'm looking forward to using this little baby. Bought a SB-18 flash unit to go with it for taking pics of my 16 mo granddaughter. The first shots of her from this weekend are pretty nice!!

This is one camera that I think I can learn a lot about SLR photography and can't beat the investment for sure!!! Of course, Ol' Santy has a D40 on his sleigh headed for Missouri this month, but that's a different story...

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My new toy - N8008

G