Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
AAM1234

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AAM1234 Registered since 14th Nov 2008
Fri 14-Nov-08 08:44 PM

Hi.

I have a Nikon 4004S. I didn't know where to post this, and being a noob, I assumed it might fit under the "F4" category, becuase the model number starts with "4", although I am sure the two models are not alike at all.

Anyways, I recently inherited my 4004 from my parents, and have been using it for photography class. However, after shooting and developing my first roll of Kodak B&W ISO400 film, I noticed all of my pictures were grossly overexposed.

I know how to use my light meter, and handle aperture/shutter speed setting. Every picture I took was according to correct exposure as indicated by my light meter ("O" symbol showing).

What could be the cause of this? Is this due to my light meter, or the camera not being set at the right filmspeed? I was under the impression that the 4004 automatically detects and adjusts for filmspeed automatically, as there is no apparent way to set it manually.

Thanks.

G