Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
amateurphotog

Syracuse, US
211 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
amateurphotog Registered since 22nd Aug 2007
Tue 12-Aug-08 12:30 AM

August 11, 2008

To Nikonians Members:

I have a friend who loaned out his Nikon N55 camera to a friend and when he got it back from her, he noticed that the battery cover on the bottom of the camera was broken off and she attempted to re-attach it with some type of yellow glue.

I was able to use some contact cleaner and get the glue off of the silver positive battery terminal and using some wide sticky cello type tape I was able to "tape down" the battery cover so that it would make contact with the batteries inside the camera so that he would be able to use his camera on a photo shoot on Saturday.

My friend will have to send his camera into Nikon in Melville, NY in order to have the battery cover replaced. There is also some glue residue on the bottom face plate of the camera.

My friend is wondering if anyone knows what the cost would be in order to have the camera repaired. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate knowing. The young lady who borrowed the camera said she will pay for the repairs.

Thank You for your assistance.

Amateurphotog
Syracuse, NY

G