Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Repair of a Nikon N55 slr

amateurphotog

Syracuse, US
211 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
amateurphotog Registered since 22nd Aug 2007
Tue 12-Aug-08 12:17 AM

August 11, 2008

A friend of mine owns a Nikon N55 camera, he loaned it out to a friend of his, and when his camera came back the battery cover apparently was knocked out of it's socket holding mechanism and it looked like the person who borrowed the camera tried to glue the cover back onto the camera.

I was able to get some of the glue off of the battery contacts on the underside of the battery chamber cover and tape it down with strong tape so that the cover made contact with the batteries inside the camera. The camera did work when we went on a photo shoot on Saturday, but I was wondering what it would cost for Nikon to replace or repair the battery cover. There is also glue on the bottom face-plate of the camera and the person who borrowed my friends camera is willing to pay for the repairs.

Any idea of what this would cost would be appreciated. By the way, I told my friend to never loan his camera out again. He plans to send it to Nikon in Melville, NY.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Amateurphotog
Syracuse, NY

G