Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

F80 - Dynamic Area Focus, need HELP

Mon 18-Dec-00 04:35 AM

I actively use F80 for birding since 3 months ago. Still in learning curve. After more than 30 frames on flying bird(small) I noticed that almost all of it is a little bit out of focus.
I was using a combination of Continous Servo mode with Dynamic Area focus. Which according to manual it should be tracking the subject when I locked it using customs function no.11 set to 3.
With the foto results I decided to test it yesterday. The findings is more frustrating, when I locked on the stationery subject and I move the lense with the subject is moving around the 5 auto focus censor, the F80 focus will shift to another backround subject even with the button halfly pressed(which suppose to lock the auto focus). According to manual it will continue to focus and track the moving subject and shifting the focus to another focus sensor to ensure the subject is on the focus all the time. In my case it did not happen.

Can anybody help. Is the technique is wrong or my F80 is not fast enough to track the fying bird. For the info I always use my SIGMA 170-500mm at 500mm end with F8 focal length. According to manual also it is compatible as nikkor D series lense.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: F80 - Dynamic Area Focus, need HELP

G