Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Al Rossi

3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Al Rossi Basic Member
Fri 12-Jan-01 01:20 PM

Hi all! I must say I’m quite satisfied by my F80, it’s not fallen apart as many (non-owners) used to say, and all in all I can just recommend it. About the two main drawbacks it has (non-metering with non-CPU lenses, and impossibility to use IR films), well, the first is a real pain, enough to avoid buying it if you have an arsenal of AIS lenses, BUT the second is simply not true. I’ve tried personally with some HIE infrared BW film, and, to my big surprise, the IR beam it uses to count the frames just fogged the area around the sprocket holes, and didn’t reach the frame area (apart from the last shot, where the IR beam before rewinding was much stronger and fogged the bottom right corner). Just use the common precautions for IR film (load-unload in total darkness, cover the film window with tape).
Try it!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: IR films on F80
Reply message Sort of off-topic: Using IR in general
     Reply message RE: Sort of off-topic: Using IR in general

G