Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to use my F80 in low light situations?!

n7k1

18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
n7k1 Basic Member
Sat 20-Jan-01 06:04 AM

Nikon doesn't make a VR lens in the 28-135 range and I'm thinking about buying a Canon just for the 28-135 IS Lens. What I am trying to do is improve on my portrait type of shots in low light situations. For example, say I am sitting in a restaurant that has lighting that will give me a programmed mode reading of 1/10 of a second. That's too slow and will result in camera shake. What I want to do is basically get the flash to just put out enough light into the picture using diffused light/bouncing in order to achieve a shutter speed of 1/30 which should eliminate camera shake and still give a somewhat available light look. How come everytime I use the built in flash on my F80 the camera reads 1/60 regardless? Can someone help me out with my technique? Is it because i don't know how to use my F80? Exactly how does the flash system on an F80 work? Do I need to spend more money and buy a lens with a larger max aperture? I'm quite new to photography and love my Nikon F80 but my flash photography pics just look too unnatural. HELP! For arguments sake, let's say I'm using my Nikon 70-210 F4 zoom lens on my F80. What's the best technique/camera settings?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How to use my F80 in low light situations?!

G