Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Adesso

Brandon, UK
76 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Adesso Basic Member
Sun 13-Aug-00 10:30 PM

When we buy used equipment, there is always some type of grading system used to describe the condition it is in. Over the past few years, I've noticed that the grading system has been over-inflated. Is this a trend of things to come. How are we supposed to buy equipment if the description is not accurate?

Recently, I purchased a used Nikon F2AS, with orginal box, papers, and manual. The camera was described as being mint-. Because I've always wanted to get my hands on one, and this one even had the original box with it, I decided to ask "what does mint mean to you?" The reply I got was that the camera had minimal brassing, a small dent by the rewind knob, and was missing the pc sync cover. While this, to me, was not mint-, I went ahead and bought the camera. I couldn't pass up the opprotunity of getting this beauty with it's original box and paperwork.

So, I pose the question to everyone here. What kind of experiences have you had buying used equipment, and did it meet it's grading description?

Bill

Film is cheap. Images are priceless.

"Film is Cheap, Images are Priceless."

G