Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

wrinkled shutter curtain?

blw

Richmond, US
28709 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 15-Nov-04 12:35 AM

KEH has a of cameras (F, F2, FA, FM2 that I've noticed) that are listed as having a wrinkled shutter curtain. Most of these items are also listed in excellent condition. I know from experience that KEH's grading is, if anything, very conservative, so I assume that there is nothing functionally wrong with these shutters. Is that a reasonable assumption?

A little more digging on their site seems to turn up that few of the AF cameras have the listing, while a fair number (7?) of the MF ones do. I'm sure that part of this just that the MFs are older, and I sure can't think of a good reason why AF bodies would be less susceptible to whatever causes wrinkles. Maybe new shutter designs??

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

G