Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

S3 w/50mm f/1.4: Filter Size and Sunshade? Meter Suggestion?

Jim Mohundro

Seattle, US
450 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jim Mohundro Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2008
Fri 16-Aug-13 01:42 AM

I've come across an S3 in apparent good operating condition along with an f/1.4 50mm Nikkor. Although I have Ds 700 and 300, I did many years ago own the S3 with the f/2 Nikkor and a bizarre attack of nostalgia is nudging me to return to those thrilling days of yesteryear where I had to do more of the work, including straightforward rangefinder focusing with a body lighter than my DSLRs (but I've not retired my DSLRs).

I "sort of" remember that the filter size for this lens may be the good old 52mm, but I'm not sure and also not sure if the screw threads are the same pitch as the modern filters. Can anybody here clarify the filtet situation? Would the best place to look for a sunshade be eBay and/or are there classic-camera accessories suppliers? Finally, I'd appreciate suggestions for a good, used exposure meter (Weston, Sekonic, etc) up to, say, $75?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: S3 w/50mm f/1.4: Filter Size and Sunshade? Meter S...

G