Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Return of the Workhorse?

snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US
1696 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007
Mon 25-Mar-13 01:16 AM

This past weekend I took the usual trip to a theme park in Orlando with my wife and kids. I dug out an old D1X (long, nostalgic story) with a 28-105 AF-D lens plus three batteries.

Two of my three batteries were DOA and ended up being ballast for my camera bag (like it wasn't heavy enough without these huge, dead weight batteries).

Anyway, when I realized that two out my three batteries were dead at the entrance to the park, the start of my day I panicked.

In my panicked state all I can think about was that this would not have happened had I brought my Nikon F instead!!!

I am thinking that next trip I take I will bring along either my F with FTN Photomic metered prism or my F2A as a back up. I will have a few rolls of color film for back up, but the F or F2A will be taking the primary roll as the B&W shooter loaded with B&W film.

p.s. One of the three batteries did hold a charge throughout the day, but I was constantly concerned that it would die at any second. Luckily that won't happen to neither my F nor my F2A.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Return of the Workhorse?

G