Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Going Back To The Dark Ages - Nikon N80

blueeyedsuzie

US
53 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
blueeyedsuzie Registered since 01st Sep 2012
Tue 12-Mar-13 02:36 PM

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a film slr camera, until recently I had a discussion with a friend of mine which made me decide to purchase a film SLR camera. Now I didn't know where to go to and what I wanted so I went to ebay.

I knew to stick with Nikon (love my D3100) and knew Nikon to be one of the best cameras out there. I saw a N80, and decided to bid, and let me say the last hour was a bidding war. I won the camera with a bag, and three 35mm film. Next was trying to find battieres that would fit in the camera and where in gods name to develop the film!?

Found everything I needed after getting my camera. When I received my camera, I realized the seller wasn't kidding. The seller stated it was in great condiction but only had sticky stuff on it that can be removed. I figure the owner of the camera had it a certain way and that's why it was like that. So I cleaned it carefully... now the big moment, I open the camera to find it in perfect condiction! When I say perfect it looks brand new...

The lens he came with is a Qauntaray 28-90 with macro and that too is in great shape, the len has a filter on it, and no sratches at all. YAY!

So, now my journal has a dslr and slr begins.

My question is this, where do I start or how do I start, what should I be looking for coming from a dslr to a slr. dslr you can retake shots without the worry of loosing your memory card... film it's a little harder. I took 24 shots and less than half came out...

Help!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Going Back To The Dark Ages - Nikon N80