Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Irrational Temptation...

snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US
1698 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007
Thu 21-Feb-13 03:09 AM

Last week while browsing through an antique shop I noticed two rangefinders: a Leica M3 and a Leica IIf. I was drawn to the IIf!! The M3 looked too much like my Nikon S2, only not as pretty as the S2. On the other hand, I loved the way the IIf looked and felt! I had never seen or held a Leica screw mount rangefinder before and I must admit it was love at first sight! I was drawn to it much more so than the M3. I know, completely irrational urge. My F, F2, F3, etc., are a million times more practical, but I was smitten by the IIf!

The asking price was twice as much as the average going rate for the IIf, so I didn't buy it. I did walk away with a new goal: I want a Leica screw mount rangefinder!!

After doing a minimal amount of research, looks like I would like a IIIf red dial (lower price and good track record).

Anyone here used a Leica screw mount rangefinder? What are your thoughts/suggestions?

p.s. I was going to post this in the "Non Nikon" section, but since it is manual camera/film related, I thought I would post it here. Moderators please move to the appropriate forum if needed.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Irrational Temptation...

G