Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

F2 shutter was repaired?

Eugen Mezei

RO
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Eugen Mezei Registered since 08th Sep 2012
Tue 04-Dec-12 08:34 PM | edited Tue 04-Dec-12 08:46 PM by Eugen Mezei

Hello all!

As this is my first posting here let me sort of present myself.
Late summer this year I bought a Nikkor 135mm/2.8 from the used department of a photo store. I owned no Nikon body at that time but a lot of other systems, so a new bayonet was really superflous. But it was really cheap and in mint condition.
After a test on a borrowed digital body convinced me of the very fine buke an F801s (that I like very much) joined and today an F2 photomic bought from eBay arrived.

As you see I'm new with Nikons.

The F2 gives me some doubt if being totally ok. Therefore I need your help.
Everything seems to work ok (no film test so far), but on the shuter is a tape. Black cloth tape, taped onto the titan foil. It begins to untape. It is visible when the shutter is released. I don't confuse it with the metal tabs holding together first and second shutter when the shutter is armed.
Is this normal or should I return the camera to the seller. Nothing about it was mentioned in the auction.

Greetings,
Eugen

P.S.: If needed I can supply a picture of the shutter.

Edit: I just looked again at the pictures in the auction.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/330821723111 (auction nr.: 330821723111) and picture nr. 5 clearly shows the tape. I didn't paid attention to it before buying, thought this is normal. Well... is it? I found only one picture on the net showing the shutter of an F2 and there I can see nothing like this.

G