Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

FM2n Exposure Meter Question

nrichard

Staten Island, US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nrichard Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Sep 2012
Sun 25-Nov-12 04:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I was helping a friend move, and she found an old FM2n camera that she let me have. I know very little about it, but after reading the manual, and playing around with it for a bit, it looks to be in good shape (except that the depth of field preview lever is completely stuck).

I tried to check the exposure meter by comparing it to my D90, and it comes up with the "+ 0" rather than "0" at the exact same settings and lens. As I'll be using black and white negative film in the camera, which should be overexposed rather than underexposed, would it be okay to set the iso to be lower than the films actual rating (so if the film was iso 400, set the dial to iso 200) and shoot when the exposure meter shows anything from "0" to "+ 0", or am I overthinking the situation?

Any advice or recommendations are gratefully appreciated.

Nick Richardson

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: FM2n Exposure Meter Question

G