Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
solopach

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
solopach Registered since 22nd Nov 2012
Thu 22-Nov-12 02:34 AM

My girlfriend's mom gave me her old Nikon FG, I found the manual and I've read it dozens of times now. I know the batteries are fresh; I replaced them today and I depress the shutter release button slightly and the power indicator shines.

When I set the shutter speed to any other setting aside from "M90" or "B", after depressing the shutter release button, the shutter opens, but then fails to close. The only way I can get it to close is to switch it back to "M90".

Mechanically it operates perfectly but, because it doesn't seem to function when on any other setting aside "M90" or "B", it appears the more advanced capabilities are rendered useless. So far I have taken several pictures with it but they have all been on the "M90" setting.

In other words it seems as if I have a glorified single-use camera.

As I said, I've read the manual multiple times and configured everything the way it should be before the shot. I'm a sculptor and lately I've found myself getting into photography. I've heard very good things about this camera and I would like to explore it to its fullest potential, but this is a real hindrance.

Any ideas?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon FG Functions