Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Going minimal with the FM2n

anabasis

Pringle, US
1857 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
anabasis Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2003
Mon 03-Sep-12 03:39 PM

I went to Maryland with the wife for a little vacation this past week. I had to decide what I wanted to bring with me for camera gear. I wanted to go light and unobtrusive, so I decided that I'd go a bit retro and take a small film body and some fast primes.

My bag was packed with my FM2n, forgoing the MD-12. For lenses I went equally light and fast. I took with me my 24 f2.8D, 35 f1.4 AIS, Zeiss 50 f1.4, and for longer work I took with me my 105 f2.5 AI. A C-P filter rounded out my kit.

For film I had a mix of color print and some slide film. I took only 200 ISO for print, and 100 ISO for slide, allowing for the fast glass to cover the lighting variations. While I didn't shoot much indoors, the lens and film had me covered quite well.

While I will have to wait a bit to get my results back, I was quite happy with my gear selection as it was never a burden to carry and never got the stares and comments I get when carting around my D700 and 24-70 f2.8G lens.

Happy Shooting,

JCA

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977699@N00/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Going minimal with the FM2n