Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

When you need a machine gun. . . .

InsuredDisaster

US
95 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
InsuredDisaster Registered since 27th Aug 2008
Wed 15-Feb-12 01:38 AM

show up with a muzzle loader,

I shot some "red scale" film, probably expired years ago but came with a package deal, and then I respooled it onto a cassette and loaded it into my FG-20.

Click on image to view larger version

I spotted these geese that I often saw in the park while working the other day, so I decided to get a shot with them flying in the air. I metered off the grass and set the camera to manual mode with that exposure (maybe there's a better spot to meter off of?) I prefocused with my usual 28mm 2.8E and then ran towards the geese, litterally scaring the #### out of them. I kept running, snapping and winding as fast as I could. As they took off I thought about how I'd seen a video taken by some dude with an F5. That would have been nice to have. Those geese are pretty darn fast when they are dumping excess weight like mad.

After this, I decided to shoot something a bit slower. It was a bit underexposed, but I tried to save it with my scanner.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: When you need a machine gun. . . .

G