Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
InsuredDisaster

US
95 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
InsuredDisaster Registered since 27th Aug 2008
Wed 15-Feb-12 01:18 AM | edited Wed 15-Feb-12 01:19 AM by InsuredDisaster

Film, Fujichrome CDU II Tungsten, expro'd in the C41 unicolor kit. Shot with my 28mm 2.8E. Yeah, I'm sure there's better 28mm's but this one's mine and I like it. Scanned with the Epson V500. Now there's a good scanner hobbled with a crappy negative holder. Hundreds of dollars and thats the best they could come up with?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/InsuredDisaster/FM2-050212-04966.jpg

Badly over exposed and I think the photo almost died on the scanner table, but I worked too hard to get this photo in the first place to just chuck it.

See, I fired off the roll of 36 shots of me shoveling snow. I had to shovel like a madman while counting in my head trying to get some snow in the air when the shutter went click. Got to 36 and wound the film to 37. . . 38, hmmmmm, I did spool the film up from a 100' roll, and I try to put a few extra just in case, 39. . . 40. . . MUTHER OF MONKEY! It was only then that I noticed the film rewind lever wasn't turning. I can't believe I'd made such a stupid error and failed to notice the loading failure.

I rushed back around, shoveled more snow while snapping off 6 or 7 frames then shot all the other shots I'd taken, of course, the sun was nearly down and I was missing that earlier golden light I'd seen.

I exposed the film at ISO 12, but since the whole scene was snow I took a metered reading and then added a bit of exposure to compensate. I then developed in the C41. . .

So either the ISO was set too low, I overcompensated, or I developed wrong. Oh well, with all that effort, there was no way I was not going to save something!

Going to shoot the next roll in my F5 or F100 and see if I need to alter the ISO or something. I think I saw in the 'net that ISO 12 was about right. The film is out of date of course. Bought it on ebay for less than $20 if I recall. Should get about 18 rolls or so.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G