Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sad Day-Death of the F2

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
marsbars

Spokane, US
171 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
marsbars Registered since 18th Mar 2006
Tue 25-Dec-07 07:14 AM

Well it was a good Christmas Eve other than finding out that my F2 has bit the big one. Whilst getting ready to go see family tonight and getting the camera ready I found a tear in the shutter. It has always had a small wrinkle in it, but no light leaks. But it must have just given out. I guess that would explain some dark streaks on my last batch of negatives. I didn't put two and two together. At first I was in denial, but after a check with the flash light in total darkness, I had to come to reality. So now I have another piece of camera equipment headed off to the auction block. I would love to have it repaired but the camera is a user, and from what I have read a shutter replacement is a really expensive proposition. So I guess I sell it for parts. Hate to do it but no point in keeping a non functional camera around. I still have the F3 and the Nikkormat FTN so all is good. At least I can say that I once owned the mighty F2, and got some tremendous pictures from her. Not to mention got a lot of fun out of it and odd looks from other photogs for carrying around such a dinosaur. Just wishing that I hadn't spent so much time and money on NAS for F2 goodies. Just more stuff headed to the auction pile.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you MF'ers

"There is something about the mystery
of what is on a roll of film that keeps
me shooting, none of that digital
instant gratification for me."

F2, F3,Nikkormat FTN

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sad Day-Death of the F2