Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Low speed h/held shots with self timer

Laika

Perth, AU
652 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Laika Basic Member
Wed 13-Feb-02 06:17 PM

I was wondering if anyone uses the self timer for slow speed hand held shots? I have been doing with my FM3a when I'm breaking the focal length/shutter speed rule when I have no other options to get a shot, most of the time I've been getting good results (looking at the 6x4 prints). I haven't seen it mentioned as a way of getting sharper pictures until I was given a original Nikkormat manual a couple of days ago .... Under the shutter release section it goes on to say .."For hand held exposures slower that 1/30, greater sharpness can be obtained if the shutter is tripped by means of the self timer".... While I try not to break the focal/shutter rule if I don't have to I am impressed with what can be done with the self timer and breathing control.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Low speed h/held shots with self timer

G