Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon FM2: Motor Drive: Cable Release

berrywise

10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
berrywise Basic Member
Tue 29-Jan-02 10:54 PM

I was wondering if there was any possible way to use my newly aquired FM2 body to shoot remote shots using the motor drive that I got with it.

I have one of these 25 foot air cable releases and I would like to mount the camera up behind a backboard to shoot with a a wide angle lens for some basketball photos.

The problem I have run into is that the motor drive doesn't have a thread in shutter button and the shutter button on the camera can only be activated with the film advance lever pulled slightly outwards otherwise it locks the shutter button. The motordrive seems to only work when the film advance lever is in this locked position.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this outside of creating some kind of bracket to hold the cable release near the new shutter button located on the motordrive?

This is kind of hard to explain and hopefully some of you can follow what I'm getting at.

thanks a bunch,
scott

G