Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 bargain

wkramer

Port Washington/New York, US
108 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010
Wed 23-Feb-11 03:53 PM

I have contacted a wholesaler on the internet regarding the purchase of a D700 camera kit and recieved the following:

"Hello
Many thanks for the order inquiry regarding the Nikon D700 12.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED IF VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
which comes brand new sealed with all accessories, 12 months international warranty and customers guarantee.

Price.....$580 per unit inclusive shipping.

Technical Details

12.1-megapixel FX-format (23.9 x 36mm) CMOS sensor; kit includes 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED IF VR Nikkor zoom lens
3.0-inch, 920,000-dot VGA color monitor; 170-degree wide-angle viewing and tempered-glass protection
Fast, accurate 51-point AF system; 3D Focus Tracking and two Live View shooting modes
Base ISO range from 200-6400 can be expanded to range from ISO 100 (Lo-1) to 25,600 (Hi-2); 0.12-second start-up speed
Capture images to CF I/II cards; compliant high-speed UDMA CF cards that will enable recording speeds up to 35 megabytes/second

We make delivery of customers order through fedex/dhl courier and delivery takes within 48 hours to doorstep upon payment confirmation via Western Union transfer.
Do get back to us with your final order, full shipping details and contact Number so we can note on your order and get back to you with transaction detail.
Hope to read from you soon"

1st red flag - the price
2nd red flag - send the money via Western Union

I managed to find the company on the internet and of course they are located in Brooklyn, NY. I have the address and phone number. I gave the number a call and they actually answer the phone with the company name.

I sent a second email through the internet site to them asking if I could pickup the kit in person and pay with cash. It will be interesting if they agree to my offer. I'll post again with their response. If it turns out to be a real deal I'll give all the info here.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 bargain