Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

United Camera, Illinois

Ameritron

Kulpmont, US
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ameritron Registered since 24th Dec 2009
Sat 02-Feb-13 08:12 PM | edited Sat 02-Feb-13 08:18 PM by Ameritron

I thought there was something wrong with my D7000 focus. I could not calibrate it even with the fine tune. I wrote to united camera and got an online quote, which some of you might think it was a high quote. I said here I go and sent it out to them. You can get a variety of shipping options with them. I packed it myself, and packed it excellent. I ship ham radios and glass tubes for amplifiers in my other hobby. And I paid for shipping and got a prepaid UPS label. I received emails for every step of the repair. And I got notified by email that they shipped it to me after the repair. I was skeptical. well, let me tell you the focus was right on. I did a variety of test charts. also I got from them a letter of what they did. They re calibrated the light meter. I can not use my delighting on low. it looked like a new camera. they cleaned it up and very nicely. the tech was named Tim. It took about 7 days all together, but I paid for next day air to return it to me. I read alot of different stories of persons really unsatisfied with their work. But I took a chance. No one wants to send their camera out. I wanted to share this experience because I wanted to trade the camera here at Nikonians, but told the other member that I thought it had a focus problem. some lenses were better than others before I sent it out, and would get by with some of the jobs I did. This was about a month ago, and I told the people of United Camera that I would share my experience with Nikonians. 179.00 excluding the next day air

G