Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can I replace the cover to the battery compartment of my Nikon SB700 Speedlight?

leonardevens

US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
leonardevens Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2011
Sun 11-Nov-12 12:48 AM | edited Sun 11-Nov-12 09:37 PM by leonardevens

I've been using a Nikon SB700 Speedlight with my Nikon D90. The battery compartment has a cover which swings out. One part of it broke off. The cover opens up if you press the indicated button and one part slides in to the top of the battery compartment. There are two small tabs sticking out at the end which seem to hold it in place so that the cover can swing open. One of those broke off.

I can still manage to get the cover in place so it holds the batteries, but it is awkward to use that way. I would like to replace the cover if possible.

It is possible I can make the repair myself if I could get the part, but I can't tell without it. I searched the web for repair parts for the SB-700, but I haven't been able to find anything.

If I can get the part, I would prefer that, but if it needs expert repair, I am willing to pay for it, as long as the cost doesn't approach that of a new unit, about $330.

Can anyone provide any information on the matter or recommend a repair shop that can help me.

Leonard Evens
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University

G