Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Service in Taipei

MarcG19

Arlington, US
289 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MarcG19 Registered since 16th Apr 2009
Tue 30-Oct-12 03:38 PM

My experience with Nikon's authorized service center in Taipei.

First, this is most clearly a legitimate Nikon center, as befits a major Asian city. Lots of Nikon paraphenalia, well lit and arranged office, and I found the location by googling "nikon service taiwan".

Company info:
國祥貿易股份有限公司 (台北總公司)
台北市南京東路三段272號2樓
+886 2 2740-3366
+886 2 2773-4490

Note that this claims to be an import export company, but is actually a Nikon local rep (I'm sure Taiwan expats could comment on why this system exists in Taiwan).

Location is near the Nanjing E Rd. MRT, address is Nanjing E Road, Number 272, on the 2nd floor.

Though I used Chinese, it looks like English would not be a problem.

They gave an invoice, and addressed my problem quickly. Turn around was 2 business days. No charge, and they implied that they would honor my US warranty, although in the end all that was necessary was a clean off of the SD card slot, so they said.

Both times I went (drop off and pick-up) there were a good number of other Nikon users in the room also dropping off/picking up from their 3 service desks. Full range of Nikon products being brought in, to include a D700, a D300, and (worryingly) a dude with a D600 (since as I write this the D600 is barely a month old).

I would not hesitate to go to them again. Nikon service in the US has been good to me, but I've heard horror stories. I don't get the feeling things are as bad here. Don't waste your time by trying to get service through a Taiwan Nikon dealer, which some people do, which results only in them sending the camera in for you.

Cheers,

Marc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"90% of my best life's work could have been made with a manual body, a 24mm lens, and a telephoto zoom in the 80-200 range"
- Galen Rowell
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Service in Taipei

G