Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Conventional Wisdom Regarding Extended Warranties

Renaissance Man

Laurel, US
106 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Renaissance Man Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2009
Thu 11-Oct-12 07:19 PM

I purchased 3 or 4 year extended warranties with my D200 and my D300. They were backed by Mack Camera. I've not needed any warranty service or extended warranty service on either of these bodies. The extended warranties have expired. The Peace of Mind was nice.
What is the conventional wisdom when purchasing a high end Nikon, perhaps a D4, for personal, non-commercial use? Buy an extended warranty from the dealer at the time of purchase of the camera body, or just plan to pay for repairs from Nikon or from some other qualified service provider if and when they are needed?
I realize that this question is not a perfect fit for Repair Shops, but that seems to be the closest fit in the current Forums Structure.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Conventional Wisdom Regarding Extended Warranties

G