Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can anybody identify this screw??

Soapstop

CA
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Soapstop Registered since 04th May 2012
Mon 13-Aug-12 05:08 PM

Ok you repair techies! I have a serious question here. I took the lens cap off of my Nikon 135 2.0 DC lens, and I took the cap off of my beloved D700 body, laying both on a white cloth. I then picked both up, turned them towards each other to mount them, and a screw appeared. I will try to post a picture, but not sure I remember how to, or if my basic membership allows me to. It has the "torx" head, measures approximately 3.5 to 4 mm, but I couldn't tell if it came from the lens or the camera body. It would have come from inside either one if it did. It has blue threadlock on it, which obviously didn't work. I cannot see any spots where screws are missing. Anybody have any ideas? This will be embarrassing posting this if I can't post a pic, but I will put a pic up in my gallery if I can't post one on this thread. Thanks for any input.

Soapy

G