Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

NIkon AFS 600mm F4 IF-ED II lens hood nut stripped

gene51

Yonkers, US
38 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gene51 Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Mar 2007
Wed 18-Jul-12 12:31 PM

Hi, I have had a very unsuccessful search sourcing this item. I used to have a part number and was able to order it in the past, but with Nikon's ridiculous new policies, authorized repair people can no longer sell parts, Nikon parts will provide neither the part nor the part number, and several authorized repair shops said they were bound by their agreement with Nikon to take the entire lens in for repair with a minimum cost of over $400 plus parts on first take. When I explored the absurdity of this further, then they said that the lens hood is an accessory and they cannot fix it, suggesting that I purchase a new hood. This hood may or may not be available, but regardless I am not paying over $500 when all that is required is a $20 part, which I can install myself.

Has anyone experienced a stripped thumbscrew/nut on their lens hood? How did you get it resolved? I am even open to using a different product or a reasonable DIY solution. Does Canon offer any better customer service?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NIkon AFS 600mm F4 IF-ED II lens hood nut stripped

G