Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!

kurtzhao

US
108 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kurtzhao Registered since 17th Jun 2007
Tue 04-Mar-08 03:13 AM | edited Tue 04-Mar-08 07:16 PM by kurtzhao

This guy, Don Parsons from Wappingers Falls, NY, as many Nikonians can see, has been fooling on this forum for some time, including the well known "12-24mm lens story" , who received multiple payments and would not send the lens out.
Same story for my case, who offered me $1200 for the nikon 85mm PC lens and 105mm Micro, received my money order on Feb 23rd and saying will have shipping info for me on Feb 26th, then he disappeared, after sending several emails requesting tracking info at my side.
The guy who claimed himself as a gold Nikonians member and responsed some threads to make people believe him. And he was keep on selling many stuff on the forum (including D200, D2X, 80-200mm, D40 kit, D80 etc etc.), including the new 24-70mm lens as well. I was trying to give him a chance to prove himself, but finally it turned out to be a totally scam! Since another guy also sent payment for the 105mm lens (who accidentally left him a positive feedback but it was removed later) and was waiting for the tracking as well, same as what I was told!
This is a lesson that every Nikonians should learn: don't use money order for the payment! Always try paypal (though it is not that good) or google check out to get protected! I was willing to use money order as I trusted people on this forum and never expected such a scam from a gold Nikonian! This case simply ruined the community and even Nikonians does not feel trustworthy any longer.
I was very sorry to see that the administrator did not react fast on this case and allow this guy keeping on posting threads on the forum, before the 12-24mm lens case get resolved. While when I requested to remove the 24-70mm thread, I could not find the 12-24mm thread either, which simply removed the evidence.
I don't know how many guys stuck in the same situation as me, anyways, I already contacted the postal office and got the postal authority number (which not supposed to be released normally) at NY and will contact them tomorrow to start the investigation.
Update as of today: I just came back from local authorities and already filed criminal charge against him (provided you guys' email info as well). They started investigation on this case and will inform me as soon as they get any progress.

Kurt

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!
Reply message Paypal,,, phhhhhh
Reply message RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!

G