Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New member from WA, but been lurking for a while. . .

Dean51

US
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Dean51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th May 2013
Sun 28-Jul-13 06:48 AM

Hi, I’m Dean and new member of nikonians. Well actually I’ve been lurking for a few months in some of my spare time. Years ago my first SLR camera was a OM-1 with various lens and attachments. Then I went down the path that many folks did and opted for the auto focus/exposure point and shoot cameras, which I went through many renditions of. Next were the series of point and shoot digital cameras, one for each member of the family. There was always a nagging to get back to a SLR type camera and when my daughter became interested/engrossed in photography a few years ago we made the plunge and bought a D3000 kit for her. About six months later after seeing what could be done with the D3000 and Photoshop I purchased a D3100 and since then acquired various lenses. Our next purchase (which is coming soon) will be a D7100 which my daughter will probably be taking to college with her as she wants to study design and photography. I’ll have about a year or so to share it with her so hope to learn much more of this digital photography in that time. What has drawn me to the nikonians site is the wealth of good information and educated opinions on photography and equipment by both pro and amateur photographers. I look forward to the learning experience.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New member from WA, but been lurking for a while. ....

G