Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Nikon user... soon-ish

nland

GE
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nland Registered since 18th Apr 2013
Thu 18-Apr-13 09:49 PM

Guess I'm not an "official" Nikonian yet as far as gear goes - former Canon user, but joining the family soon. Trying to decide between a D7100 and one of 18-105/16-35/Sigma 17-50 or a refurb D600 + refurb 24-85. Plus an appropriate UWA zoom for either (thinking Tokina 11-16 or the new 12-28 for DX, or 16-28 for FX).

Been in the hobby for 6-7 years, worked at camera shops so I'm plenty familiar with Nikons even though I've never owned one (yet). Like mostly landscape and portrait photography. May try my hand at real estate photography (father is currently using a D40 and kit lens shooting lowest-quality JPEGs, no post-processing/HDR or extra lighting... so wouldn't take much effort to improve his results).

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New Nikon user... soon-ish

G