Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Member - Old Shooter

cpm_seattle

Seattle, US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cpm_seattle Registered since 25th Mar 2013
Mon 25-Mar-13 05:35 AM

My D300 was stolen last week... so I came here looking for info on the D7100. Paid $25 so I could send an existing member a message... and... POW! Got some excellent feedback right away! Thanks to Jon McGuffin. Are all the Nikonians this nice and informative? Anyway, I started shooting film in the mid-to-late 1970's (my dad was a photo nut -- thanks to him). Lots of darkroom work, too. Continued with film until 1998 (still have the gear sitting in the back room -- fun to look at!) and then went to digital with an Oly D320 (1 MP). Upgraded to a Nikon Coolpix 995 in 2000/2001 -- holy smokes, I thought I had entered another dimension at 3.34 MP! Felt like I could literally step right into the picture on my monitor. Upgraded to a Panny FZ30 in 2005. Good unit. Kept that for 3 years but realized that I would not be satisfied with the small sensor cams. Bought the D300 in early 2008. What a nice rig that was (still is)! Would have kept shooting with the D300 for a while longer (D400 anytime?) but now I'm forced to take some action a bit earlier than planned. Looking forward to participating in (adding to) the discussion.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New Member - Old Shooter
Reply message THANKS for the nice welcome!
Reply message RE: THANKS for the nice welcome!

G