Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just a new kid on the block.

nsleptzoff

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nsleptzoff Registered since 23rd Feb 2013
Sat 09-Mar-13 01:30 AM

Hello to all and what an exciting place to be.

I feel like a kid in a candy store at this site and don't know where to start. I'm new to nikoniana but not to the art of photography. When I was a teenager and then a young man I loved to take pictures and form them into art in my darkroom. All black and white back then. After school came marriage, kids well, you know the rest. Remember the Nikon F and the camera from another company called the AE-1? Everything was put away and lost to the sands of time. I'm back and learning all over again. Now it's digital and a light room. I'm a little frustrated that I can't push my camera like I did when I had more dials and less buttons but I guess that's where the light room comes in. I'm up for the challenge. It's not the camera taking the picture, it's my eye. And it's composing a piece of art just for the sheer joy of it.

I have looked at many, many of the posted pictures here and have enjoyed them immensely. Recently, a friend of mine and I were looking at the work posted on the site and she commented that I have a lot of competition. I was somewhat taken aback by the remark and felt bad that the beautiful work was seen in that light. Maybe when I was twenty something I would have felt that way, but not now. Each posted picture is a very intimate vision from its creator. Albeit a nanosecond, it’s highly personal and unique. Thank you for sharing.

Nick

G