Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Member with Questions

SchurchD7000

Marietta, US
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SchurchD7000 Registered since 30th Jan 2013
Thu 31-Jan-13 09:56 PM

Hello. My name is Don and I just became a member. I’m would describe myself as a little past a novice. I’ve had one digital (Sony DSC-F707) for over 10 years and used it as a point and shoot camera it has served me well over the years but now that I am retired, I wanted a more sophisticated camera thus recently purchased a d7000. I might have tried to run before I could walk. It’s pretty intimidating but I’m bound to conquer it at least to the point I can produce some decent pictures. I got Darrell Young’s “Mastering the Nikon D7000” and understood 75% of it but will remember 25%, if I’m lucky.
I have a question, my wife and I will be taking a European river cruise in May. I bought the d7000 kit with the Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR ED lens. I’m now thinking I should have purchased just the body and bought the Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX lens separately. At this point (if ever) I do not want to carry a multitude of lens with me. Here is the question(s): If you could have just one lens that would be the most versatile, would it be the 18-300? If not, which one would it be? Of course one question always leads to another. If decided I wanted to sell my 18-105 where’s the best place to sell it and how much should I ask. I’ve only shot a couple hundred practice pictures none of which I kept.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New Member with Questions