Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Greetings!

Sewerrat

US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Sewerrat Registered since 01st Nov 2012
Sat 26-Jan-13 05:40 PM

I have been a member here for a while but have been lurking while I have been pursuing my photography interests. I have been into photography off and on since the early 80's when I jumped into photography with Canon film equipment. I apologize for that 5 letter dirty word! LOL I've been using Nikon gear though since I switched to digital.

I enjoy all types of photography but my favorite types are nature and scenic photography. I like the challenge of capturing various wildlife more so than being in situations where one just basically walks up and snaps the shutter.

My current cameras are the D200 and the D5100 that I just bought a month ago. I know some will see this as a downgrade in camera capability and I somewhat agree except I still plan on using my D200 as my primary camera. I just wanted a decent camera for backup out in the field and one with a bit more resolution for when I know I am going to want to be able to do a bit of cropping on the final images.

I recently went to Sylvan Heights Bird Park in Scotland Neck, NC to get familiar with the D5100. I've posted those images to my new site which is http://stanwestfall.zenfolio.com/ I am in the process now of getting more familiar here and will post some images here in the near future.

I'm looking forward to learning more from members here as well as hopefully helping others who enjoy my photography interests. Many regards to all and hoping you all get that once in a lifetime capture soon!

Stan Westfall
Beaufort, NC

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Greetings!