Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Member Hello

DanielJDLM

Lancaster, US
19 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DanielJDLM Registered since 19th Jan 2013
Sat 26-Jan-13 03:05 PM | edited Sat 26-Jan-13 04:50 PM by DanielJDLM

Grreetings Fellow Nikon Enthusiasts,
I just created an account and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Daniel J. DiBernardo, but most people call me Dan.

I have been taking photographs since my grandfather gave me my first camera, a Kodak Pony, leather case and all. You had to set f-stop, aperature and distance and then looking through a hazy little window, hope you set up everything right to get a good photograph. Over the years, I continued taking photographs using the many varied cameras available to me on my meager budget...the Kodak Instamatics, Polaroids, and eventually, was able to buy my first SLR, the Konica Auto Reflex...had an external meter and could take full frame and half frame photos on the same roll of film. During one photography class, the only cameras to take an accurate meter reading of a female model were my Konica and a top of the line Nikon of that day. I continued upgrading the Konica over the years, even tried an Olympus OM-1, when I tired of carrying around a huge camera bag full of lenses.

Finally, in 2007, I purchased my first Nikon,the Nikon Coolpix 8800 which was stolen a few days later. So, I figured, this was God's way of telling me to get a better camera. The D80 has just come out, and a local camera store had just two in stock...I got one of them. Later, I moved up to the D90, after having fallen in a river and finding out the D80 did not like being drowned. I have been using the D90 ever since. I am hoping to upgrade to the replacement for the D7000, which the rumor mill says is going to happen this year.

I have been doing arts & crafts festivals for several years now, andhave been fortunate to have been juried into all the shows I applied to.

G