Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

File Re-Sized from View NX 'Convert' - Bug?

WildIsle

CA
650 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010
Thu 14-Jan-10 06:14 PM

It's been a while since I looked at Nikon View, now ViewNX 1.4.0 and today I thought I would compare versions of a file opened with ACR and one 'Converted' out of ViewNX. But when I first exported (or converted) a file and then opened the resulting tiff in Photoshop the file size had been changed from a D200 2592x3572 to only 1735x2592

This was without checking the 'Change Image Size' option in the Convert Image dialogue box selected and it read the correct original file size at the top. I did it several times with the same result.

However when I checked the 'Change Image Size' and left the dimensions the same ie: 2592x3572 the resulting tiff opened in PS and was as expected the correct size.

Unless there's a hidden preference 'Ignore My Original File Size Setting' somewhere I haven't noticed this sounds like a bug. Anyone else noticed this and does the recent update to ViewNX (which keeps failing to install on my system) fix it?

G