Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
drjh68

Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
151 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
drjh68 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2003
Sun 17-Jun-12 10:25 AM

I am having difficulty reinstalling Color Efex Pro 3 for CNX2. I have in the past three weeks written three times to their Tech Support organisation as follows:

“To: Color Efex Pro - This is my third attempt to get help via this link to Tech Support. I am hoping that third time will be lucky. The message I sent was as follows:

I recently had to re-install everything on my computer. It was done by a professional and is working perfectly. But when I came to download and reinstall the still available latest version of Color Efex Pro 3.0 for CNX2 from your website on my Windows 7 64-bit system (with 8Gb memory), it downloaded OK and then stopped, reporting that "Color Efex Pro could not find Nikon CNX2. Please install CNX2 first and then retry this installer."

But CNX2 is already successfully installed and in full regular use on my computer at C:/Program Files/Nikon/Capture NX2. Color Efex Pro 3 was previously working fine until I attempted this new download.

Can you please advise how I can solve this problem?”

I have had no reply. My questions are:

(1) Has anyone else had the same technical problem, or can anyone kindly suggest a solution? It may be a very simple issue?

(2) Can anyone suggest the reason for the silence from NIK, bearing in mind that the literature with the original CD, and the current website, say things like:

“Nik Software provides support for all registered users of its products free of charge. Priority technical support is provided via email.”
Users are told: “Nik Software European Technical Support supporteu@niksoftware.com

(3) What can I do next? Am I a victim of the NIK/NIKON co-operation problem?
I do not want to abandon Color Efex for CNX2 as it is an excellent resource. Can it be used in some way as a free-standing program, independent of CNX2?

Apologies for the length of this message.

James
Suffolk UK

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CNX2 Not Found by Color Efex Pro 3