Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon View NX- over sharpening when changing anything, even cropping

Iguanas

Llangollen, UK
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Iguanas Registered since 23rd Apr 2012
Mon 23-Apr-12 09:10 PM

Hello,

I have just switched from sony to Nikon and I'm still finding my way through the camera, software and this network.

I am shooting in RAW and using View NX2 to open the photos for converting to Jpeg and if needed using PS CS2 for fine tuning.

I was delighted to see that NX2 come with few tools for changing exposure, d-lighting, etc, much more advanced that my sony software.

This weekend I shot a train show and when I opened the photos and tried to crop them, adjust them or convert them to jpeg, I noticed the software is over sharpening my photos compared to the original ones and I cannot revert them. I have checked my settings to see if there was automatic sharpening, but nothing.

Does any one have an idea of what is happening? It only seems to be a problem with this set of photos. I was experimenting with active d-lighting (high), I wonder if that is the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help

G