Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
four eighty sparky

US
1653 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
four eighty sparky Registered since 08th Apr 2011
Sat 21-Apr-12 11:08 PM

As part of my standard workflow, I always insert a certain amount of information as the XMP/IPTC data into my files.

However, it seems whenever I have a large number of files to Load this data into, there's always one image that will not work.

I find I need to Load the data into smaller and smaller blocks of images until I zero in on the 'offending' image.

For instance, let's say I just took 207 photos at a birthday party. I select all the files in that folder, and go to Load XMP/IPTC Preset. But that option is grayed out.

So I reselect the first 100 frames, to find the same problem. I reselect the first 50 frames, and I am allowed to Load the Preset to it.

I select the next 50 frames, and the option is grayed out. So I select the next 25 frames, and have the same problem. I select the next 10 frames, and I can Load the Preset.

So the 'offending' frame is somewhere between the 61st and 75th image in the directory. Once I narrow it down, I can pass by it, and then select the remaining frames to Load the Preset into.

On occasion, I will find a second frame that will not allow me to Load the Preset, so I start the entire process over again.

VERY aggravating, to say the least.

Anyone else have this problem?

I hate when people ask me what I see myself doing in 5 years...... I don't have 2020 vision!

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G