Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
periglenes

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
periglenes Registered since 07th Sep 2009
Mon 07-Sep-09 01:49 PM

View NX 1.4.0
Mac OS 10.5.8

View NX chokes on RAW files from my D60. I can see the thumbnails, but any attempt to load the RAW file or do a Quick Adjustment results in an "unsupported file type" error. I had similar problems on Capture NX, but I have let my free trail expire, so I don't have Capture to work with now.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, cleared the cache, tried reading the files directly from the SD card and copying the files to the hard drive first. Nothing works.

I have read of similar problems on PCs (on the DPReview forums). On PC's Nikon says the problem is due to the use of a 64 bit operating system and they don't support View NX in that realm.

I can open and edit these files on a Windows XP laptop with the latest version of View NX. Works fine.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-Frank

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: View NX error on Macintosh