Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Capture NX2 vs Photoshop CS5.1 vs Elements 10

Nikon300Bob

VANCOUVER, CA
139 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Nikon300Bob Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2009
Mon 09-Jan-12 10:34 PM | edited Mon 09-Jan-12 10:35 PM by Nikon300Bob

I recently added a new computer with a fast processor and lots of disc space mainly for storing and editing my photos. I am currently looking for a a good imaging software package.

Over the past week or so I have installed a few trial imaging software packages -

1. Lightroom. I found it to be a little complicated for my liking with a long learning curve.
2. Photoshop CS5. It seems like a great program, much easier to use than Lightroom since I have lots of experience with Elements, but it is very expensive. With tax it would come to more that half what I paid for this fairly advanced computer! I am inclined to put those extra dollars towards another lens!
3. Elements 10. I have Elements 2 & 3 installed on my old computer so have experience. I find it very easy to use and much more in my budget. However, it is a fairly basic package.
4. Capture NX2. I am wondering if this software is a good compromise between Elements and CS5. The price is more than Elements buy much more reasonable that CS5.

I would appreciate any advice on the advantages and disadvantages of each of the above mentioned programs. Thank you.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Capture NX2 vs Photoshop CS5.1 vs Elements 10

G