Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
beachwalker

Concord, US
125 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
beachwalker Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2003
Thu 17-Nov-11 04:01 PM

Good Day, folks -
I'm not sure if it's me or View NX2, but...
I upgraded from View NX2.1.x to 2.2.3 and I don't have most of the functions under Edit. Specifically, I can't move an image via drag and drop, and the ability to add labels/ratings is gone. In fact, most of the options under Edit are grayed out, save for the Cut, Copy and the options in the Select area. It's almost as if the images are protected in some way. I've gone through the help screens forward and backward, and searched for any protections or other settings that may be getting in the way, and I've even gone back to Windows and removed any 'read only' restrictions. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, twice, to no avail.
Without these functions, using View NX2 for anything but browsing is no longer an option when it comes to sorting, organizing, etc.
I'm running on a new machine with plenty of RAM and under Windows7, and I've run out of ideas/options - I can't go back to the previous version of View NX2.1.x as I no longer have it available. That version worked perfectly - wish I hadn't been so quick to update. Short of giving Nikon Support a ring, does anybody have any ideas?

“There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept.”
— Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 - Is it me or...
Reply message RE: View NX2 - Is it me or

G