Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
drjh68

Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
151 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
drjh68 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2003
Mon 03-Oct-11 10:39 AM

I have the latest (I hope) version 2.1.2. I notice now that when I send an email from View NX, it attaches pictures to the email with numbers which always start from 001. So five attachments will be numbered 001 002 003 004 005. And when I send another email the attachments all re-start from 001. This makes it difficult and time-consuming to find the originals for addressees when they ask for copies.

It looks as if my preferences have changed for some reason, as this is only a recent development. The photo files which I have attached all started life with the numbers which my D700 gave them originally, and those numbers are used in all other cases. But not in emails. I want the email to use the original file number, for instant identification.

I assume that my preferences have changed for some reason. But having searched in View NX ansd also in Nikon Transfer, I cannot find anything which offers a solution.

Any advice appreciated.

James
Suffolk UK

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: View NX problem

G