Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Netadmin

Fenwick, CA
99 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Netadmin Registered since 16th Apr 2011
Tue 24-May-11 05:41 PM | edited Tue 24-May-11 05:43 PM by Netadmin

Searched the Imaging Software Forum with no specific answer to a question.

D90 user - New to post processing. I've downloaded the trial version of NX2 and following along while reading through the following book:

Real World Nikon Capture NX 2 by Ben Long

In the book the author states:

" If you simply choose Save after opening and editing a raw file, your edits will be saved back into the NEF file that your camera generated. Don’t worry, though, your original raw data remains untouched."

I'm not clear on the meaning of this. I've made adjustments to a NEF file and saving the file as .NEF grew the file size, with the adjustments intact. Does the author imply that the "original raw data" is unchanged, and one can revert to this data by simply removing the edits, or does he imply that the actual .NEF file will be untouched.

Sorry if this question is basic, but as stated, I'm only now delving into the world of post processing.
As always, I appreciate your time and patience.

Vince

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 and Raw File Saving

G