Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
yankeegirl57

Long Beach, US
21 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
yankeegirl57 Basic Member
Mon 25-Apr-11 01:54 AM

I've had Capture NX2 for over two years and recently upgraded it when I bought my D7000. Over the last month I have processed hundreds of photos with no problems. This program is clunky but I love the results I get.

Then yesterday, when I tried to launch it, a box popped up stating it's a trial version with 0 days left and an option to input the product key. I put my product key in and another message came up saying the product key is invalid.

Tried uninstalling Capture NX2 and reinstalling it twice, to no avail. The same box about the product key pops up and then tells me my product key is invalid.

Whether or not it's a coincidence, my Picasa program no longer shows my photos and my photo files in Windows Explorer's MyPictures folder are now hidden (but I didn't do it). I have Vista 64 Home Premium and have been getting a message about the ATI Catalyst Controller: Host Program stopped working. Not sure if this is related to my problems with Capture NX2 and Picasa but everything was fine until that message popped up.

I've been on Microsoft's forums and others and have contacted Nikon support (but I'm not expecting much from them). Was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. I'm really concerned that I was unable to reinstall the Capture NX2 program.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G