Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
WSR

Sebring, US
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
WSR Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2009
Thu 10-Dec-09 07:07 PM

I am new to NX2, but have read 3 "how to" books on the program. I am importing raw photos into Iphoto on my Mac. I then edit them in NX2. When I want to save as a jpeg or a tiff file I have no problem saving the edited photo and can put them back into Iphoto, Finders, etc.

When I try to save the edited piece in raw the photo reverts back to the raw original file. What I would like to do is save the limited number of edited "KEEPER" photos in raw edited form. I then would like to delete the originals to save more of my hard drive capacity and save only the best shots in edited raw format.

I have even tried saving edited photos to a disk with only the originals appearing on the disk.

I appreciate any advice. I am using the Nikon book, Real World Capture NX2 by Ben Long, and Capture NX2 After The Shot by Mike Hagen. I am not the sharpest computer guy - or Nikon D300 user (in other words, keep it simple if possible).

Thanks for any help!

Will Randall

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NX2 QUESTION - WHAT AM I DOING WRONG